Oh sweet bippy! It’s so hard not to watch television when you’ve vowed not to. I have to admit I did catch the end of the ABC Family Movie the other night, but I managed not to flip between channels after it was over. I simply turned it off.
I’ve got to come up with more things to do to fill my time. Last night I went for a run, which left me feeling winded, but at the same time, refreshed. If that makes any sense. So here’s a list of 10 things (that’s a nice round number) I probably should do now that I’m not watching television:
- Pick out the thickest, most literary book possible and read it.
- Work on my novel, which I started long ago, but never seem to have time to work on.
- Go swimming while the water is still warm.
- Finish all the books I’ve started, and have lying around in various states of unfinished.
- Clean out the back of my Escape, which contains, among other things, an old TV, a sleeping bag, golf clubs, various clothing items and shoes.
- Write some poetry.
- Write my missionary letter for YWAM, so it’s ready if and when (WHEN) I get accepted.
- Go to one rock show per week.
- Catch up with friends before football season starts, and I turn back into a workaholic.
- As a reward for not watching TV, do something frivolous, like treat myself to a Cocoa Tree truffle. Then go hiking to work off said truffle.
I’m taking suggestions here. Send me some cool things to do around Nashville so I’ll get my butt off my couch.