I’m on the rebound from feeling a little overwhelmed. There have been a series of leavings in my life lately, and they have all conspired together to knock me over the head. I think I got caught off guard at first, but I’m getting good at absorbing these blows and then regaining ground. Sometimes regrouping in a familiar safe place can give you the courage to press forward once again into unknown territory.
In honor of bouncing back, here’s a Truffle Shuffle from iTunes for you….
1. Look at Miss Ohio, Gillian Welch – Soul Journey
2. She Changes Your Mind, Copeland – Beneath Medicine Tree
3. How Long Is Too Long, The Get Up Kids – Guilt Show
4. Everybody Knows, Ryan Adams – Live in Santa Barbara (I love this guy.)
5. Make Some Sense, De Novo Dahl – Move Every Muscle, Make Every Sound
6. Devil’s Pie, D’Angelo – Voodoo
7. Hear Me, Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway
8. Not the Sun, Brand New – The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me (Now that’s an appropriate for today…)
9. OK, Mute Math – Reset E.P. (Great, great song…I needed to hear this one.)
10. Split Needles, Shins – Wincing the Night Away